Saturday, July 12, 2008

Please Mark Your Calanders for Thursday, July 17, 2008 @ 12:00 pm

"Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them." Matthew 18:19-20

We are asking for everyone to please pray for our adoption at exactly 12:00pm on Thursday, July 17. Wayne and I both believe greatly in the power of prayer and we believe that there is power when everyone prays together. We ask that you pray for our adoption case to start moving forward again instead of sitting at a stand still and that our attorney will be proactive instead of reactive (or non-active).

We found out from reading an official website of the CNA (Central National Authority -which is a Guatemalan governmental agency) that our attorney does not have to wait for someone to contact him for an appointment for the birthmother interview but instead he is to call them and schedule an appointment time. He does not seem to want to do this but instead wants to wait to be contacted. Wayne and I truly believe that our case will move quickly once we get the birthmother interview completed but unfortunately the Guatemalan President will not allow any adoption cases to move forward until the birthmother is interviewed to make sure she legally gave up her child for adoption.

Again, please set up some kind of reminder to remind yourself to pray for our adoption case on July 17 at 12:00pm. Wayne and I will be praying at that time as well.
You may ask why we are waiting until Thursday. We wanted to give everyone a chance to read this and have a chance to join us.

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers over the past year...they have really kept us going.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Will be praying. So sorry you're still at this phase in the adoption process. Praying your family is all together and under one roof very soon...

Anonymous said...

ive set my alarm and will be praying for you and madison. by the way jacobs 4th of july pic is to cute

Anonymous said...

Hello Wayne, i'm not sure if you remember me but I spent sometime with you down in Virginia for supply school. I was going through al my pold army mail and found you! So i decided to do a check up on your blog and see how everything was going. First i'm so sorry you are still waiting to see your baby girl.... I hope you still Have your pink blanket, and I will pray for you and your family. I'm glad I found you again before it was to late to help out. Secondly.... holy cow you have a baby! and oh is he so cute :) I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and your family and will be visiting your blog more often to find out the updates!