Thursday, April 10, 2008

What we are waiting on now...

Ok, we have finally found out the real reason for our delay so far. We found out that we are waiting for a signature but that it is a signature for Madison's original birth certificate. We found out that our attorney tried to get the corrected birth certificate last week but the Central Registry office did not have it ready. The new president of Guatemala has given the new Central Registry office the responsibility of handling all birth certificates. This is actually a good thing since there are several towns in Guatemala that will not release a birth certificate for whatever reason they can think of. These towns have delayed many families from being able to take their children home in a timely manner. We believe that this is also the reason we have been delayed. It has only been within the last month or so that the Central Registry has taken over the responsibility. They were supposed to be completely in control of all birth certificates as of this week which is hopeful for us. We are waiting for an update from our agency about whether or not our attorney was able to get the corrected copy of her birth certificate. We have to have the birth certificate before we can be re-entered into PGN.
In the mean time we are still getting ready for Jacob. My mom and I have been shopping this week to get the last minute things we needed to bring him home. It is hard to believe that I only have 3 - 4 more weeks before my due date. I am also getting myself mentally ready to have a big baby. According to my doctor he is a big baby which seems to be pretty standard in my family and Wayne's as well.
As I look at the pictures of Madison I try to imagine what Jacob looks like and can't wait to get to hold him for the first time.
Please continue to keep us in your prayers and continue to pray that our adoption will start moving forward again.


Here is another picture of beautiful Madison

No comments: