Thursday, January 3, 2008

Shadow - my beloved cat

Iknow that most of the posts on this blog are about Madison and the adoption and that the adoption is the reason we started the blog. However it is also about our family and our pets are very much a part of our family. Today Wayne and I had to make one of the hardest decisions we have ever had to make. My cat Shadow became very sick and we had to decide what was best for her, in the end we decided to end her suffering and have her put to sleep. I have had Shadow for the past 10 years and she has been a very big part of my life. She was named Shadow for the simple fact that she was my shadow. She would follow me around the house and many times almost cause me to trip. If I was handwriting this post you would see tear stains on the paper. I am going to miss her more than I can say but I know that she is better not suffering anymore. I know that some of you may not be pet people but you can still understand that pets become a part of your family and it is very hard when you lose one.

Shadow, we love you and will miss you!

2 comments:

Mom and Gregory said...

To us for most of the time we have known her Shadow was just that, a shadow. She had just started warming up to us but we will still miss checking to make sure she is acturally in the house. As you already know we know what you are feeling because our animals are our children.

Candy said...

Hi,

Sorry I'm slow about posting this, but you have my sympathy for the loss of Shadow. I know how it tremendously it hurts to lose a pet; we have 1 housecat and 2 outdoor dogs (both Labs).

I enjoy reading your blog.

Keep on trusting God!